I have put together some basic material on survival analysis. It is available as:
- .html document with highlighted syntax here.
- Printer-ready .pdf document here.
- GitHub repository with all the source files here.
Main motivation was that I wanted to learn the basics myself; also, it's tricky to find simple examples of survival models fitted in Bayesian setting and there are few materials that combine theory with examples.
The material contains:
- Mathematical formulations of key concepts of survival analysis.
- Illustration of the exponential model of failure density.
- Example of the exponential model fitting in R.
- Example of the same model fitting in JAGS.
- More complex model with censoring in JAGS.